Professional Land Surveyor
5 Years Experience Preferred
Civil 1 is a highly successful civil engineering, planning, consulting and land surveying firm located in Woodbury CT. We are currently seeking a licensed Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) with 5+ years of relevant experience to lead the land surveying department. This position is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious energetic surveyor with strong leadership qualities. We are looking for a dynamic person with a strong work ethic, communications and project management skills, a high regard for the survey profession, and strong technical abilities who wants to be part of a growing company.
Job functions include:
- Conduct research to obtain the appropriate public/ private land records, survey control data, and other pertinent information from various sources for boundaries, location, topographical and design surveys, location of right of way, and utility locations, etc.
- Communicate with the client and project team to understand the goals, challenges, schedule, budget, and expectations of projects.
- Survey calculations including but not limited to percent of slope, angle measuring, bearing and azimuth, coordinates, traverses, differential leveling, and horizontal curves.
- Establish and set points on construction stakeout projects (curb and gutter, drop inlets, storm sewer, sanitary sewer, water main, etc.)
- Perform all required field work.
- Supervise survey assistant(s) assigned to crew.
- Oversee the operation and maintenance of survey equipment used on job site and assist others with training when practical.
- Perform office functions including computations, reduction of field notes, filing, and retrieving prints.
- Submit daily files including downloading of data, preparation and organization of field sketches and digital photographs.
Qualifications & Technical Skills
- Professional Land Surveyor License
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or Civil3D
- Prior experience as a crew chief desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional demeanor and attention to detail
- Experience reading/interpreting construction plans.
- Experience with both drafting and construction staking calculations for field crews.
- Ability to operate survey equipment including but not limited to robotic total stations, GPS survey equipment, data collectors and automatic level.
- A current driver’s license in good standing & ability to operate company owned vehicles.
- Able to lift up to 75 lbs